SUPPORT OUR DAD'S THIS FATHER'S DAY BY WEARING PLAID!
ROBIN SPEER AND HIS CHILDREN
What is Plaid for Dad?
· Plaid for Dad is a fun and easy way for Canadians to show their love for dad and all the men in their lives, to build a world where no one fears prostate cancer
· Canadians wear plaid on June 19 to raise funds for ground-breaking prostate cancer research
· To date, the campaign has raised over $2.7 million
You can win a Virtual Coffee for up to 10 people with Plaid for Dad Ambassador, Eric McCormack! Every workplace that raises $1,500 or more by June 30th will be entered to win.* You don’t want to miss out on this amazing opportunity to share a virtual coffee — and some conversation — with this great Canadian! Get inspired — watch and share Eric’s Plaid for Dad video.
What is different this year during a worldwide pandemic?
· The world looks different this year and connection is more important than ever. Even though we may no longer be in traditional workplaces, Plaid for Dad continues to create a meaningful way to come together with colleagues and connect over an important cause.
· 1 in 9 Canadian men will hear the words, “you have prostate cancer.” As impacts of COVID-19 are felt around world, our work cannot afford to slow down. That includes our ongoing investment into ground-breaking prostate cancer research that will improve and save lives.
· We chose plaid because it is a fun and easy way to get workplaces involved around Father’s Day
· Many Canadians have plaid in their closets already, so this is an easy way to get involved
How can Canadians get involved?
· It’s easy – wear plaid on Friday, June 19, the Friday before Father’s Day
· Register your workplace at plaidfordad.ca to start fundraising
· Share photos of yourself wearing plaid on social media using #PlaidforDad
· Send an e-card at Plaidfordad.ca
· Honour a special dad in your life by adding his name to our tribute wall when you donate
· Shop for dad
This Hour Has 22 Minutes … of Plaid
Searching for some inspiration? Look no further than Mark Critch — Plaid for Dad ambassador and comedian extraordinaire. Watch and share Mark Critch’s Plaid for Dad video today!
Bootlegger’s Fundraising Promotion
Bootlegger is a huge fan of plaid — which is why they’re offering a $10 discount on all purchases from their special Plaid for Dad collection until June 19th*.
If you’re a true Plaid for Dad aficionado, send your colleagues to your workplace page through the link below:
Why is Plaid for Dad important?
· We’re working toward a future where no one fears prostate cancer. Funds raised through Plaid for Dad help us do this by funding ground-breaking prostate cancer research that will improve and save lives.
Prostate cancer statistics:
· Most commonly-diagnosed cancer in Canadian men
· 1 in 9 Canadian men will be diagnosed in their lifetime
· 11 men die every day
· The survival rate is close to 100% when detected early, but only about 1 in 4 will survive when it is found late.
Don't have a plaid shirt to wear for your video calls on June 19? Then why not make your whole house plaid by changing your background?
Join us this Friday and go #PlaidforDad any way you want to help support families across Canada by being a force-for-life in the face of prostate cancer. Learn more at our website: https://bit.ly/2Y6HXO5
Participating in Plaid for Dad is a simple way to make an immeasurable difference in the lives of families who are or will be facing prostate cancer.
Connect with us online
Marla MacLeod Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships Canadian Cancer Society